Sunday, February 14, 2010

Building A Frame For A Large Mirror Putting Sliding Mirror Doors In My Wardrobe - Question About Sizing?

Putting sliding mirror doors in my wardrobe - question about sizing? - building a frame for a large mirror

I'm finally overcome to achieve the sliding doors of my closet. My father is a carpenter and cabinet in / etc on the shelf set for several years, but never got around to find the doors for them.

In any case, measures the width of the body are 2350mm wide, but the doors in widths of 914 mm or 762 mm. I need 3 door, anyway, but none of these dimensions of space I have. I also have a deficit of about 7 cm, or a collection of 39 cm.

My father would be able to do something with difference, it is not particularly important and may pass unnoticed, and this could be a better solution than the degree of overlap.

What do you think? The coincidence could not be better to repair than to try to build /to dig the ditch, but I do not know if these problems can cause the mechanism to - that is, if it is about opening doors, etc.

7 comments:

W. C. said...

Sliding glass doors usually do not at each other, overlapping slightly anyway.

If I see a problem, you can with three doors. The theme of the Assembly for the majority of games are available for 2 doors ... You may need to find blocks of 3-door commercial door track.

I also want to work in one of the groups of the leg near enough to open the door (s) that you want to use. Despite the removal of molded parts by look different wall materials, cutting and re-install the moldings, a little bit to work better when it ends.


Good luck ...

W. C. said...

Sliding glass doors usually do not at each other, overlapping slightly anyway.

If I see a problem, you can with three doors. The theme of the Assembly for the majority of games are available for 2 doors ... You may need to find blocks of 3-door commercial door track.

I also want to work in one of the groups of the leg near enough to open the door (s) that you want to use. Despite the removal of molded parts by look different wall materials, cutting and re-install the moldings, a little bit to work better when it ends.


Good luck ...

randlall... said...

You can try going to a shop for glass and aluminum. Most of the places from which windows and doors are also aluminum mirror cabinets. This can be done to exact size to fit your application open so that you do not do to fill a gap, or that have a lot in return for care. These costs should be about the same as anything in a hardware store and is the exact size you want.

PropReno said...

It's really up to you.
Three doors give you a smaller opening in general,
provide for two doors, the maximum transparency.
In addition, many people ask me what is going forward,
right or left.
In general, you are set so that you can not see not the seal of the door when your standing in the entrance hall.

roadrunn... said...

I do not believe that the accumulation could be a problem, and could be better than with the large overlap.
Ask your father to use what we call the United States in a 2x4 (a fixed component of wood) on each side of the opening, then insert a piece of seating like a normal door. The 2x4 is a little less than 4 cm on each side, which is almost perfect.

Hope this helps

I got wood said...

There is not much more expensive, I always use the space pushes the good, average price

http://www.spaceslide.co.uk/

bsghost1... said...

If you oppose the overlay, then add decorative moldings on both sides to hide the space.

Post a Comment